Sunday, January 8, 2012

We've arrive !!

So from tues morning until Friday night we traveled to Makunda and finally arrived. We lost 12 hours, spent Wednesday night in new dehli airport, and spent Thursday night in a hotel in gwahati. It was nice to lay flat and to wash our hair but that's all I have to say. It was dirty and in the middle of a crowded loud city. All our domestic flights within India where short (1-2 hours) and all were delayed 2-3 hours. Because of that we had to plan for such long layovers between flights. Also most flights were only once a day. And it's common for them to get canceled. After the final flight we landed in silchar and then took a 5 hour drive throug the beautiful green country of north east India.
Logistics is not my strong suit. I had a mental list of everything I had to do be for I lost phone and Internet. It wasn't until I wasin the air between minisota and holand that I realized I'd not Written down any of our domestic indian flight info. Nor contact numbers for dr vijay and dr ann and the hospital where we were going. Nor had I'd confirmed arrival times with them in over a Month when I sent them our domestic flight info. God answered my prayers though. In holand they had free Internet in the airport. I wrote down the infor and sent an email. But I think the email bounced. But as we stood out side the final air port praying that some one would see a white person and be there for us. And so it was. Our driver from Makunda walked up And introduced himself. As sylvia sunk into the front seat she exhaled and said "oh I feel so comfortable now!!!"

1 comment: